After the Maldives, we spent a day at home doing laundry and repacking for a slightly colder location: Italy!
We were very excited to meet Marin there:
We met up with Marin at a hotel near the Duomo in Florence. It was fun to be in a place that celebrates Christmas for Christmas (minus the lack of open food establishments)
Above: A beautiful sunny day in Florence by the river. About to go and see the fake David.
Brandon was an expert map reader. I think it helped that he had played some climbing assassin video game set in Florence prior to the trip.
Enjoying a Peroni overlooking the city by the fake David. (Note: Brandon is not standing by the fake David in this picture. This is Pinnochio)
We were very excited to meet Marin there:
We met up with Marin at a hotel near the Duomo in Florence. It was fun to be in a place that celebrates Christmas for Christmas (minus the lack of open food establishments)
Brandon was an expert map reader. I think it helped that he had played some climbing assassin video game set in Florence prior to the trip.
Enjoying a Peroni overlooking the city by the fake David. (Note: Brandon is not standing by the fake David in this picture. This is Pinnochio)
A behind the scenes photo of Brandon reenacting the aforementioned climbing assassin video game.
Then we took the train to the lovely Cinque Terre. These towns had experienced floods in the summer so we weren't able to visit all of them. The colourful buildings on the cliffiside were as quaint and unique as I expected.
There were some real fisherman.
Some beautiful sunsets. These were while we were waiting for the train between the towns.
After Cinque Terre, we made a quick pit stop in Rome. I don't have any good pictures from that day, sadly. We also visited Pisa and tried to make the most creative "holding up the tower" photos. These included some handstands and kicks.
The best part of Italy was definitely the food. I wish I had some pictures of it just to remember the deliciousness. Our first hotel had the BEST breakfast. I must have had at least 3 helpings each morning. Between the most flavourful pizza and pasta, I was a very happy eater. I miss that food everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment